When the calendar springs forward and the season changes with warmer days ahead, certain stains seem to creep their way back onto our clothes. Grass stains in particular can feel like the mascot of warmer weather, but the good news is that many grass stains can come out in the wash.
Whether you need to remove grass stains from jeans or a cotton picnic blanket, we’ve put together a simple guide for getting out grass stains.
- Check your garment’s care label.
- Start by pre-treating grass stains with a liquid laundry detergent that’s tough on stains. Cover the stain with a small amount of the liquid laundry detergent, gently rubbing the detergent into the stain.
- Machine wash your garment according to care label instructions for cycle and temperature settings.
- Check your garment to ensure the stain is removed before drying.
- Dry your item per the care label instructions
It’s hard to avoid grass stains, but now that you know how to get rid of grass stains, you have the green light to get back to having fun and making memories – even messy ones.